A programme for primary, secondary and special school music coordinators and support teachers, designed to facilitate the development of leadership of music within schools and to strengthen the delivery of music from EYFS to Key Stage 3.
The programme will provide the opportunity to focus on:
- A shared understanding of the latest national developments and best practice exemplified in the Ofsted report "Music in schools: wider still, and wider";
- A shared understanding of core purpose and generic skills of music subject leaders;
- Effective strategies to strengthen the delivery of music in primary schools;
- Opportunities to consider how a school might organise opportunities to play musical instruments, sing, listen and appraise, compose, read and perform music in order to provide high quality music education as part of a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Effective strategies to secure planning for progression and assessment in music;
- An exploration and support in the delivery of the new National Curriculum for Music;
- Led and delivered by a National College for School Leadership accredited facilitator and award-winning classroom practitioners.